Folk (bluegrass, blues, country, jazz, and more)
in the Greater Lansing Area
Shows, Events (contact organizers for latest info)
Open Mics & Jams
Open Mic at Robin Theater (1st Thurs, 7-8:30pm - call to confirm)
Blue Owl Open Mic Mondays, 7:30-9:30pm (sign up at 7)
Bobís Barn Jamboree (Sundays 3-7pm) 417 Johnson St., Lake Odessa, Old time, gospel, classic country, bluegrass, blues etc . 616-374-8205
Coffee Barrel (3-4 Fridays/year)
The Coffeehouse at All Saints: 3rd Friday (usually), 7:30-9:30pm
Eagle Monk Songwriters' Night: 3rd Wednesday 7:30-9:30pm. Singer Songwriters Night!
- Elderly Bluegrass Jam (3rd Th - 7-8:30 - call Elderly to confirm)
- Folk Jam at MSU
- Ionia Bluegrass
- Irish Pub Open Mic, Thursdays - 9:30pm hosted by Ingham Co. Social Club, Lansing 517 482-3916
- Irish Jam at Fay's Evelyn Bay Coffee Shop in Charlotte 517-231-4546
- Kathy-oke: Thursdays with the Kathy Ford Band at Sir Pizza in Old Town, Lansing
- Lansing-Area Songwriter's Group, 3rd Saturday of every month at Elderly, from 3:30 - 5:30 PM.
- Midtown Brewing Co. MBC Mondays 8pm 517 977-1349
- Moriarty's with Jen Wednesday at 9pm 802 E. Michigan, Lansing
- Pickin' in the Park Tuesdays at Sir Pizza on the Grand 7ish
- Pickin' in the Park - Holt's Veteran's Memorial Gardens - First Tuesday in the Summer (unless holiday) - 6-9pm.
- Pretty Shaky String Band (Wednesdays at Michigan Energy Options, 405 Grove St. E. Lansing)
- Rally in the Alley (RITA), Bluegrass/Folk Jam (Thursday 7pm-11pm) Grand Ledge American Legion 731 N Clinton St. Bluegrass/Folk Jam (Thursday 7pm-11pm) Grand Ledge American Legion
- RCAH Folk Music at MSU
- Stagetime at Sir Pizza on the Grand (Every other Wednesday at 7pm - call for details)
- Stober's Jazz Jam, Tues at 10pm, hosted by Jeff Shoup Quintet Lansing 517 487-4464
- Unicorn Tavern Blues Jam, Lansing Old Town, Thursdays - 10:00pm, hosted by Frog & the Beeftones 517 485-9910
- Waterfront Open Mic, Wednesdays 6-11pm
- Woldumar Folkgrass Jam (Typically 3rd Sundays in the Fall, Winter and Spring at Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing. 517-482-2382)
Corrections or suggestions?